Thursday, January 19, 2012

just a thought before bed

There are usually warning signs or "red flags" before a narcissist shows his/her true colors.  One thing I have found to be true for myself, is that if I am about to enter a narcissistic or borderline personality disorder relationship again, it will usually begin very quickly and feel extremely intense, complete with gifts given, lots of laughter and terms of endearment passed between us.  Once things seem like they are getting very intricate and close, I can generally either count on the narcissist to become demanding toward me, or I can expect my new friend to suddenly feel she/he needs "time and space."  I am not saying that every time this happens, I am most likely dealing with a narcissist or borderline, but I am saying that it is a common indication if the relationship did not start out healthy, that you might be dealing with a narcisssist!  Remember this...a true relationship is not going to become close during the first week you move in with him/her, but will progress gradually for both.

No comments:

Post a Comment